Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

October 8, 1919, From Hazel to Mamma

Davison, Mich.
Oct--8--1919

Dear Aunt Edie:--

I rec'd your letter yesterday and of course I was glad to get it. You must have been thinking of me at the same time I was of you. Some one sent our name in to Straus Bros. and they have sent us a couple of land books. For want of any thing else to do, I picked one up, Sunday, and the first page I opened to had such a nice place pictured. So ujust to "hear my head rattle" I said I guess that would suit me so I read the description and then looked it up on the map. And there. it was just a few miles from you in Mercer Co. Ohio. I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to live with in driving distance of you any way.

You can send my letters to Mrs. Kilbury if you wish--I didn't have a card nor a one cent stamp even, and the mailman slips by so often without my seeing him.

I am truly sorry that Morris doesn't' write to his mother occasionally any way, but its of no use of me to suggest it as he just says "Whats the use--she doesn't care anything about me anyway" and lets it go at that. And he comes back with a pretty good answer with any argument you might put up so I just let him go. He doesn't write to anyone for that matter. I think he is going to write to Mr. Kib soon and when he does he will probably write to his mother too.

Mr. Kib must be a friend. He writes every now and then if any one writes to him or not.

Well I must quit. You don't need to consider this a letter. I simply didn't have a card.

I am ironing today. Frank and Morris went to town with wheat. Frank seems as well as ever.

Lovingly
Hazle.

Morris laughed when he saw his writing. Frank was quite interested too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home