Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

February 24, 1920, From Mamma

Home. Wed. Eve.

Dear Esther--

I am sending you those samples. I could get no Khaki, Duck, gaberdine or Ratine, or batiste at Filer's. The Palu-beach may be wool. I do not know & the Kindergarten is called "Kiddy Cloth" in the catalogue but I think it is a sort of kindergarten material. I have names on all but the kindergarten & that is the striped black & white. I so far have found no batiste in the house either nor at Filer's.

Mr. Spaar has not forgotten you. We have a package of religious literature here we will send you for I know you want it.


Thur. A.M.

Martin's are butchering Papa is down there & I may go yet for dinner, but know I should be busy here.

When do you need to pass in those samples? I may have time yet to get more at Carter's or some where else.

Well, I must get busy.

Nothing has happened since you were here, so consequently nothing to tell.

Bye bye, from
Mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home