Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

March 19, 1919, From Richard

Bloomington, Indiana
March 19, 1919

Dear Esther:

I suppose I had just as well call you that as any other name. I suppose you are still adventuring and doing all sorts of things these days. They are fine, and if I were a Wordsworth or a Keats I should write a poem about the thought, love, and beauty in nature. "A thing of beauty is a joy forever".--Keats

May I have a date this week-end? It has been quite a long time since I saw you last or had a date with you. Do you approve of dates and their accomplishments? Or are they too abstract?

My mind continues to whirl thoughts flowing to my pen, but my professors also whirl final examinations at my mind. So the results of the conflict are a compromise.

Yours Truly,
Richard Glendening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home