Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

March 26, 1919, From Richard

Bloomington, Indiana
March 26, 1919

Dear Esther:

The day is dark, rainy and very gloomy; and I have a notion that I should like to know what the name of the story was that you asked if I had read. The one in the Womans Home Companion, I think. Clark also asked me if I had read it; if I am not mistaken.

I am also wondering if we caused Clark any embarrassment the other evening. I presume that I sometimes cause your folks quite a bit of that which may be called embarrassing. But that is the way of youth.

I think your mother is just fine, however.

Pardon me, if I have taken too much of your time for reading such a "long" letter.

Yours Truly
Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home