Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

October 20, 1919, From Bertha Felber

Geneva Ind.,
Oct. 20, 1919.

Dear Esther:--

I haven't any thing to do this afternoon so I will try and write to you.

I washed this forenoon and got dinner and washed the dishes and that is all I have done to day. We don't work very hard here since the sale.

I went to Sunday School yesterday forenoon in the after noon I went visiting and in the evening I went to church.

Raymond was home over Sun. He went back this morning. He is coming back next Sat. to help until the shredding is done. I think the W.W. Class needs to get up some Pep. There wasn't one that had some good saying or a verse of scripture when they called the Roll they all answered present. Tressie she is trying to keep the class up and I am willing to do my part. I don't think that Emil has been there more than once since you have left. I heard that he won't come because he is assistant teacher. We all had a good time at the class meeting but I am sure I missed you. Your mother said she missed you more that night than she ever did.

I was at the basket ball game last Wednesday night and also was there last Friday night. H.T.H.S. surely has a good team this year they haven't lost a game this year. They play Kirkland Township Friday night. I am going to attend that game.

You certainly are kept busy with your studies. Do you like sewing? I suppose you do because you always sewed quite a bit in home. I only wish I did like to sew. Marie is taking sewing at school this year. She is going to Hartford.

If the class would do their bit I think they would write to all of the members of the class that are gone. I can get 25 cts. worth of stamps on Monday until the next Monday they are all gone. I always appreciate letters from the folks at home and from the class. So I think that you do to.

I have only four more letters to write this afternoon so will close. Will look for an answer some time I know you are kept busy. I think I have more time to write. I am still at Watsons I may be there until Thanksgiving and maybe not quite that long. It all depends.

Yours Truly
Bertha F.

P.S. Excuse my pen and ink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home