Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

October 22, 1919, From Velma

Hartford City, Ind.,
Oct. 22, 1919.

Dear Esther,

I suspect you think I have forgotten you but I haven't I have just neglected to write. How do you like school and how are you getting along by this time?. I hope that you like it there and I feel sure you will get along all right with your studies. Laurel likes his school very much and is making good grades.

We are having our revival meeting now. It will be two weeks tomorrow night since it started. We have had seventeen conversions. Mrs. Snider is the evangelist singer. She is staying with us. [...] Epworth League is going to observe Win-My-Chum week from Nov. 2-9. We are expecting the people from Hartford for one night. We will have the Dunkirk people one night and an orchestra from some place for one night. I think it will be a very interesting and profitable week for the League.

Mamma had a letter from your mother inviting us to the class meeting but we couldn't go on account of the meeting. I am sorry to have to miss any of the class meetings I enjoy them so much. I heard the Willing Workers are to elect a teacher next Sunday. I am hoping they will get one they like.

This certainly is a beautiful day. Much different than it was yesterday morning. Papa is husking corn.

How is Katharyn and Luella now? I hope they are well and enjoying their school work. Give them my best regards.

I am having quite a time writing this and trying to watch for the mail man as it is time for him and I wanted this to be sure and go to day. Mamma just now said he is coming so will close and write more next time.

Lovingly
Velma.

write soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home