Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

September 23, 1919, From Mamma

Tues. A.M.

Dear Esther--

Am washing this A.M. Haven't time to write but don't like to have a letter go with out saying a "bit" my self.

I think if you would get a bottle of castor-oil and take a table-spoonful for two mornings, it would be the best thing you could do for yourself.

Children are wonderfully well pleased with their teacher. Ruth and Lloyd could not say enough. Clark didn't say much, but I can see he is pleased.

I did lots of work yesterday. Don't know whether I'll be able to do as much today or not.

Clark rec'd a letter from Richard yesterday. He said you told him you didn't like your French teacher. I let Ruth address your letter and she add[ressed] it to you at Blooming, Ind. I must change it.

We may go to Bluffton fair tomorrow.

Justine's brother & sister go to our school now.

Must close and go to work.

Take care of your health, better take that oil.

I have written this in such a hurry I am afraid you'll never get it read.

Much love
Mamma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home