Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

September 19, 1919, From Virginia Carmichael

Bloomington, Ind.
September 19, 1919

Dear Miss Munro:

I have been notified by Miss Wells that you are to enter Indiana University this fall.

Have you ever been in Bloomington? If not, I am sure there will be many questions which you will want to ask. This year we are trying to make things a little easier for Freshmen. We are going to have a committee at the station to meet the Freshmen and answer any of their questions. When will you arrive in Bloomington? I am afraid that I shall not be able to meet you, but I wish you would call me up (phone 288) as soon as you get to your room. I shall try and come to see you and see that you do not have such a difficult task in matriculating.

Please write me and ask any questions which you feel you should like to have answered.

Yours sincerely,
Virginia Carmichael

[Ed.: The following letter from Agnes E. Wells, Dean of Women, was enclosed in the envelope.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home