Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

June 10, 1919, From Lloyd Heller to Zoie

415 South Darling St.
Angola Ind.
June 10th 1919.

Dear Zoie:

I will take time to write you a few lines to let you know I am still amongst the living. I am in Angola now and everything is all O.K. Well how is every thing coming around Geneva, just as usual I suppose. I wish I were back there for a while especially for another junior reception or something like that. Ha! Ha! Some time we did have that night. I like the school up here just fine and Clyde and I have rooms just across from the college building, so it makes it nice for us. You see we can sleep until late in the morning that way. Although I don't sleep until eleven oclock like I did the morning after the reception. I heard you made it on literature the last time you tried the teacher's exam. Good for you girlie I will sure have to congratulate you on that. Say Esther have you got your pictures from Berne yet and how are they? I didn't get mine before I came up here and I think will get them when I come home the Fourth of July. Say when answer my letter (if you ever do) send one of yours up here so I and Clyde will have one of our schoolmates to look at. You get the point do you? Of course, Zoie you understand what I mean if I do drink champagne once in a while. Ha! Well it is about time for my afternoon class, so I will close for this time.

From Your old schoolmate
Lloyd Heller.
415 South Darling St.
Angola Ind.

Ans soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home