Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

May 9, 1919, From Richard

Indiana University
May 9, 1919

Dear Esther:

I hope you have fully recovered from the effects of the sad parting with high-school life. How far into the future have you seen? Is not life just full of mysteries and perplexites [sic]?

There is a question in my mind concerning your "attitude" at present. The unsolved is to know what has been done by me to make certain things unexplainable. I hope it is not necessary for you to try to understand this.

We have rain, rain, rain. I guess I shall celebrate for someone tonight, May 9. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Yours Truly,
Richard

P.S. Please pardon my short inspiration,
Rinegl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home