Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

April 30, 1919, From Luella

Indiana University
Wed. Eve. 6:35

My Dear Esther:

I wish you were here to-night. I would leave you sleep with me for I am all alone.

I am sleepy but I am going to a play down at the Assembly Hall this evening. I haven't all my lessons either. I have no business going I know. It is raining out too.

I am sending you a present. If it does not fit, please, send it back and I will exchange it. I got it large enough I am most sure, now if it is not to [sic] large.

I will not mail this before to-morrow as you will receive it as soon as the box any way.

Lovingly
as ever
Luella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home