Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

April 28, 1919, From Richard

Indiana University
April 28, 1919, 8:30 P.M.

Dear Esther:

I take great pleasure and pride in being permitted to call you such an intimate friend. that salutation is perhaps formal enough; but it may stand for something finer than just formality. You know I am not to be trusted with a good-looking girl. Ha!

Well, I feel pretty good after my week-end's adventures; but I fear I had better change the subject right here, for I may be temporarily mentally unbalanced because of the necessity of sleep. I did, however, have a very fine time during this last visit. Swell!

Perhaps you know, Kathryn was unable to accompany Luella and I. We got to Bloomington at 7:10; having left Portland at 11:10. Spent an hour and one-half in Indianapolis this afternoon going thru the museum and around the monument circle.

I should have gone studying; but shall have to mail my letters first, now.

Pardon me for imposing those horrible salted peanuts upon you. You know.

Yours Truly
Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home