Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

May 26, 1919, From Richard

May 26, 1919

Dear Esther:

I received your pleasant letter on a fairly decent day, although I believe it did rain some Saturday. I must be peculiar when it comes to moods on a rainy day, for I feel just as happy. Perhaps it is because I rejoice in company that conforms to my own spirit. I think I should read the bible more and thus be able to find an explanation for anything. I was to Sunday School last Sunday (Dimanche dernier) Pres. Bryan, president of Indiana University, teaches the students' class. He is a great man.

This has been a fair day for me, but the end is not yet. Ha! I have some very agreeable lessons for tomorrow and they are yet to be prepared. I am no longer a soldier, having received another discharge. No Military drill for me this summer. Ha! You guess? Hope you are having a good time.

Yours Truly,
Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home