Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Friday, March 25, 2005

November 4, 1919, from Leona Lehman

Geneva, Ind.
Nov. 4, 1919.

Dear Friend--

We are all well, and I was glad to hear from you, yes we are very busy, Justine and I both helped husk corn, one fore noon we husked 50 shocks of corn, 4 o us; in the afternoon we hauled it in, we had to make another corn crib.

Such rainy weather is just a fright, it has rained all week now, the Jimtown river over floated, the school children could not go home from the north, I was at the box social Wednesday night, I had a fine time there.

How is Luella getting along, have her to send a note the time also, I hope you both get along alright, last year we were just over the "flu" by this time, but I just hope it will not get so mean this year, well I must close for this time, will thank you for your kindness for writing.

Yours truly
Leona Lehman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home