Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

**EDITORIAL NOTE**

[I knew I had a large stack of letters from 1919 stashed somewhere, but I couldn't find them when I started this transcription project. I finally remembered where they were last night and transcribed a couple of them. The problem is how to inter-file them. I could insert them in chronological order, but that will put them toward the end of the blog, so they might be missed. I think what I will do is place them at the top of the blog for now. When I get caught up chronology-wise, I'll shift them to the bottom where they belong. So, we shall now take a temporary trip even further back in time. To set the stage, Esther is in her senior year of high school and Richard is in his freshman year at Indiana University.

Also: My apologies to those who are dying to find out what happens with Esther and Richard. Since I haven't read those particular letters yet, either, I know no more than you do. Hopefully it won't take me long to caught back up, so we can see how things turn out.

--Shelly]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home