Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

May 31, 1920, from Mamma

Geneva, Ind. May, 31--‘20

Dear Esther--

This is my last letter to you now, I hope. Thought I’d let you know that Millie Reffe told Clark he could go. So make room for him if you can.

I went over to Glendenings a few min. yesterday P.M. to see if either Tressie or Mrs. G. wanted to go along. Did not get to see Tressie but Mrs. thought it was too early to suit her (Tressie) & as for herself she thought she could not stand such a long ride. If the weather does not turn bad I think you will see me. Now don’t expect too much of me while there for you know I can’t do much of that "going" and walking fast & etc. either.

Justine & Geraldine are both going to school down there next Fall, so Clark says. I do not know what time of the day you will see us but we have planned on Wed. A.M. but will drive slow, but if it should storm badly then we would not go till Thur. Will try to bring some "eats" with me.

From--
Mamma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home