Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

January 26, 1920, From Clark

Geneva Ind.
Jan. 26 '20

Dear Sister Esther:--I am at school up in the office writing this letter, this is a laboratory period so I can make it up some time. The main thing I wanted to write about is this if you don't come home try to induce papa and mamma to allow me to come down there for Fri. Sat. & Sun. I would like to come the best way as you probably know. They would let me come if you asked them I believe.

We played Berne Fri night at L[...] G[...]

Second team
Bern 1
HHS 16

First team
Berne 2
HHS 44

that isn't so bad with Lloyd off of the first team and myself off of the second team.

Must hurry down to class
Your bubby
E. Clark M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home