Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

November 6, 1919, From Clark

Geneva Ind
Nov. 6 1919

Dear Sister:--

Today is Thursday evening 8 30 in the evening and I am pretty even tho it is only 8 30.

School--you said you wanted to hear about school. Well everybody played tennis today no regular game but about 8 or 9 people played with one net it was sure some mix up. I have a racket & ball now, just got the ball tonite.

We have been practicing our senior play all week it is one that you had a copy of last year. It is "As a Woman Thinketh". We intend to give it about Thanksgiving if possible.

We are having quite a time at school everybody despises Willis even Tressie does. He is all right in some respets but where it should count he is all off.

Have you met either his son or daughter they both go to I.U. and know Justine Baker.

We are well started in our Caesar but it is awful hard. I have 15 lines to translate for tomorrow. Commercial Arith is all easy just a review of the elementary arith. Physics is easy. Chemistry is all bog house English is all talking about the play or else Willis. Music is a circus with Willis leading drawing is lifeless, physical training is a fake. Mrs. Willis gets the Edison down in the [...] room and we skip to (ma'loo) or else march or drill for half of the period then we have a little exercise.

I wish I could visit you and I wish you could visit home.

How is everybody there Is Luella better, tell her that package came from me if she does not know it already I did not put my name on it but supposed that my writing would e reckognized. Well G. N.
E. Clark M.

G. N. means good night

Mamma will write a 'little' in the morn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home