Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

January 29, 1920, From Justine

Bluffton, Ind.
Jan. 27, 1920.

Dear Esther:

First of all, I want to thank you for doing all you have for me. I don't know how I can return it. I wish I could see after my affairs and not bother other folks. I can't tell you exactly when I shall be back at I.U. The Dr. said today I shouldn't [go] back right away. He said we had better wait a little to see whether the Flu would strike there. I should hate to get the Flu now since my system is weak. I am so slow in gaining strength. Geraldine had a harder case than I did but she is about well now. I think we can be free Thursday. The only thing I miss so much is that William had to miss his class play. It is to be given tonight.

Suppose your French exam. is over. I am not at all uneasy about your passing.

I am going to ask a favor of you. Will you send me my glasses and "Metcalf's English literature" to me? My eyes hurt a great deal and I thought if my glasses needed changing I could have it done here. Keep account of the postage and I'll settle with you when I get back.

I must answer Mary and Emily's letters but I have written two this P.M. and that's about enough for one day. I'm getting shaky. How are Carters? Tell them hello from. How are all the girls? I hope you have had no serious fall. Oh say you may open my papers when they come. They may have something of interest to you in them. John Dyson a Petroleum senior was buried yesterday. Tell everyone hello for me.

Your room mate
Justine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home