Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

December 7, 1919, from Clark and Mamma

Geneva Ind.
Dec 7 1919

Dear Sister:--

We got beat again Fri. night on Bluffton floor by Petroleum score 26-33 two defeats out of eleven games.

I am in an awful rush so you see the writing.

Would one of those boxes of writing paper ($1.85 a box) do for a present for Luella, I think you mentioned about her saying she would like to have some of it get either white or cream color. I'll pay for it. I wasn't at SS today I'm getting awful bad. Cousin Bens were over Sat night and today. School is awful.

There is a little snow it fell Fri. night. It's awful cold now and you know how warm this house is when the chimney stops up. Well I'm sleepy and have Chem. Phy's. and Caesar to get yet so By By for this time

Hopeing hat the remaining 2 weeks pass swiftly by.

Yours
Clark.


Mon.A.M.

Am not washing today. Weather looks bad & also Is Ben's were here, the house is torn up from one end to the toher. The kids got out every thing they could get & didn't put back anything. I was not looking for Ben's at all. But had not only looked for them the last four Sat. (except for the Sat. you were at home) but had prepared for them. They want up to all come over Xmas and stay Xmas night and longer if we will. I told her I'd let her know as soon as I had heard from you. I do not think there'll be any thing going on here Xmas night, any way, there never is, So don't you think we can go?

Ricky Marsh went to Iowa last summer & while there married. Then she came back & I believe taught school until Thanks-givign then went to Ames, Ia. to live. Tho' her husband hasn't finished going to school yet.

They are having quite a time at school. I haven't time, nor paper, nor patience to tell all, so will not tell any. I guess tho' that Willis is quite bossy & overbearing, even to Tressie. Suppose we will se you in two weeks. I think you must have had a dangerous, exciting & tiresome trip back to Bloom.

Must close & go to work.

With love. from
Mamma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home