Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

December 4, 1919, From Mamma

Geneva, Ind. Dec. 4--‘19

Dear Esther--

This is Thurs. A.M. and no word from you yet. Tho' I surely think there will be this noon. Clark got a few words from Luella yesterday and I thought she would surely mention your name; but she did not. Saw Geraldine Baker a moment the night of the game at Linn grove (Tues. night) and she said they got word from Justine that you didn't reach Bloomington till Mon. 7 A.M. Hope you are well. That's all that ever really worries me.

Went to game Tues. night. Mr. & Mrs. Amos Shoemaker were there. Our boys beat Bluffton both first & second teams. But let me tell you they had to work to do it.

I am sending you the Jan. & Dec. Elites. Have just ordered a pattern from the Jan. for Ruth. It is 3102D. Don't know who will make it as Mrs. Lindsey has been sick again. But return either the picture cut out or the book soon, as who ever makes it will need it to look at, you know.

Papa has gone to Decatur today after our sugar.

Justice Kelly is married.

Well, I must quit as mail man will come soon. will send your other cover & pink waist to you soon, as they are ready.

All are well. If I don't hear from you today I'll be down there or something else.

from--
Mamma

Pretty cold here.

Lloyd addressed this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home