Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

November 28, 1919, From Luella

Friday 2.00 P.M.

Dear Esther--

It was certainly thoughtful of you to write a letter--glad I reached Bluffton as soon as you did.

I suppose you know a number of students were put on or in the baggage car down here at the Monon station the day I left.

Yes--Dale went home. I am the only girl left here--and I am here only half the time. Ha! Have not been one bit lonesome so far. K[atheryn] is not coming back until to-morrow P.M. Got three letters and a card to day. Should I be lonesome? Have a date for 4 o'clock and still have my gingham dress on. Ha! as 4 to-night--may call it off & go to the social with one of the girls. have been having a fine time--but not much work done.

Having quite a scare here. This may be the last U will ever hear from me. Will not write it on a card.

Hope 2 C U again. I still _ _ _ _ you. Ha!

Hope U are having a good time--better yet than I--myself. We are observing no rules here--unless we wish. Stayed up here alone last night as I did not go out to stay last night. Carters wanted me to go down stairs to sleep but--I would have made the 6th one in 1 bed room. Ha! Robert is out of bed sitting up now.

Luella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home