Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

November 24, 1919, From Richard

P.U.
November 24, 1919

Dear Esther,

This is not going to be much of a letter; nor much of an answer, I fear. Sure I like specials, and that is one reason I cannot find the time to write more tonight. Various things have interfered with my good intentions, thus nessitating a hasty answer or none at all. For if I waited until tomorrow you would not be at I.U. by the time my mail reached you.

Esther, I'm sure your friendship has benefited me also; but do friendships always continue to be beneficial. Supposing, since you mentioned it, that the things I said really did mean what it sounded like. Would you care? Since there is such a short time I shall not take up the discussion any farther at present. I would not know how to explain anyway so sas to please you, so I'm not relieving your uncertainty now. You will surely have a fine time when you go home, and I wish you one anyway. So far as I know now Purdue will have school. Hard luck, I say. I shall write more soon, perhaps. I can't depend upon my "spells". So if you are O.K. where you're at write to me.

Yours Truly,
Richard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home