Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

December 2, 1919, From Mamma

Home, Dec. 2--‘19

Dear Esther--

For fear you will be disappointed when the mail-man comes & will not hand you an envelope with a stamp on it, I'll just send you one.

Do you know you didn't bring home the belt to gingham dress? Anyhow I've not seen it. As I was ironing one of your corset covers I broke the string (the baby ribbon) in one of them, so I kept it at home & am crocheting one that will not break so easily.

I washed yesterday & am finishing the drying process in the house. Papa went to Equity meeting last night and Clark to basket-ball practice. I mopped the floor after supper, washed dishes, croched some on that string for your corset-cover & looked at the new "Elite" that came yesterday. Believe I'll send it to you.

Mrs. Lindsey has been sick, so I do not know when she can make Ruth's dress.

Wilma Kelly has the measles. Will go down this A.M. and see how she is.

Hope you got to destination O.K. Were C. & L. at train to meet you? Will look strong for a letter from you to day. Tho' I don't suppose you are in any humor for writing. To sleepy, hey?

The men are in the beet field this A.M.

I forgot to wash your old pink crepe waist. You want it don't you?

Am going to sell our surplus chix tomorrow.

The basket-ball team play Bluffton tonight. Clark wants me to go, but O it is so cold.

Now I hope you are not sick from your trip.

I believe I have told all that has taken place since you were here. Do not worry about that remark that "some one" made in the letter. I have thought about it & believe no harm was intended.

All are well.

With love from
Mamma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home