Letters to Esther

Letters to Esther is a collection of letters written to Esther Munro of Geneva, Indiana. The letters span from 1900 to the 1960s, with the bulk of them coming from the 1920s.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

December 10, 1919, from Mamma

Home. Wed. A.M.

Dear Esther--

As usual, it's hurry. Am sewing every spare min. of daylight I have.

No, I would not dress up as boy in that playlet.

About Xmas. presents. Am going to send off those oleomargerine coupons for xix teaspoons. How would it be for you to give one with initial on it to each of your friends there. It is the Community silver & I should think would be good and nice to give. I will make two bags any how, a blue & yellow.

Am making myself night-gowns.

Hope you are warm enough there. We were not until papa put up dining-room stove.

If you don't want those spoons I can keep them but would they be nice? We send to Chicago for them & they might come soon enough.

Will send you an article I saw in Youth's Companion.

I think a map of Ind. would be nice, according to what you said when you were home. Will inquire of Long in Geneva & see if any can be got & let you know soon.

Must close & get papa something for dinner.

About 20 loads of beets are in the field. Do not think Glendenning's are through either.

With love from--
Mamma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home